Evaporative Condenser For A Cost Effective Performance
Evaporative condensers by Icelings technology can replace the conventional water cooled condenser and the cooling tower. It rejects heat from a condensing vapor into the environment.
They are widely used for condensing vapour in mechanical refrigeration industrial process air conditioning systems & ammonia absorption refrigeration etc.
The application of Evaporative Condensers in refrigeration systems offers big energy savings compared to air condensing or water cooling towers with Shell and Tube Condensers. It is possible to obtain up to 50% of energy savings compared to the use of centrifugal fans.
Coil section: Made up of heavy duty M.S.ERW class 'C' plain pipe of 20mm NB (3/4). It is coated with red oxide primer and black synthetic enamel. Spray galvanised coils can also be provided. De-humidification coil with spirally finned tubes are also optional. Coil section is supplied with spray headers and nozzles as standard.
Fan section: Fan section is made of heavy-duty iron frame and galvanised steel sheet casing. The blower can either be Centrifugal blower or Axial Flow Fan. The heavy-duty axial fans are direct drive with aluminium die cast impeller and weather proof motors.
Moisture Eliminator and water spurge section: Water spurge headers, fitted out with brass nozzles give a fine spray of water over the condenser coils. Honeycomb patterned expanded plastic sections are located over the spray nozzle section to prevent carry-over of the water due to fan discharge.
Water storage/Water recirculating tank: These are made of M.S plates and are spray galvanised after manufacture.
- Evaporative condensers reduce the water pumping and chemical treatment requirements associated with cooling tower / refrigerant condenser system.
- In addition they require substantially less fan power than the air cooled condenser of comparable capacity.
- The evaporative condenser can operate at a lower condensing temperature than the air cooled condenser.
- Compared to Shell & Tube Condensers and cooling tower, about 15% electrical consumption can be saved due to low pressure condensation of refrigerant .
- There is no down time required for annual cleaning.