Evaporative condensers can replace the conventional water cooled condenser and the cooling tower. It rejects heat from a condensing vapor into the environment.
Icelings tube ice plants can also be supplied with an Evaporative Condenser of reputed brand.
They are widely used for condensing vapour in mechanical refrigeration industrial process air conditioning systems & ammonia absorption refrigeration etc.
The application of Evaporative Condensers in refrigeration systems offers big energy savings compared to air condensing or water cooling towers with Shell and Tube Condensers. It is possible to obtain up to 50% of energy savings compared to the use of centrifugal fans.
ADVANTAGES OF EVAPORATIVE CONDENSER
- Evaporative condensers reduce the water pumping and chemical treatment requirements associated with cooling tower / refrigerant condenser system.
- In addition they require substantially less fan power than the air cooled condenser of comparable capacity.
- The evaporative condenser can operate at a lower condensing temperature than the air cooled condenser.
- Compared to Shell & Tube Condensers and cooling tower, about 15% electrical consumption can be saved due to low pressure condensation of refrigerant .
- There is no down time required for annual cleaning.
SALIENT FEATURES OF EVAPORATIVE CONDENSER
- Strong construction
- Simple water recirculation system
- Extensive anti corrosive protection
- Compact design.
Comparison and selection of Suitable Condenser for your tube ice plant-
This chart will help you to select the most suitable condenser.
|Type of condenser||Initial cost||Operating cost||Maintenance||Remark|
|Shell and Tube||High||High||Easy and economical||-|
|Plate Heat Exchanger||Medium||High. Same as Shell and tube||Very difficult and expensive||Use when plant space is constraint|
|Evaporative Condenser||Very High||Low||Easy and economical||Payback period very attractive for high capacity (above 40TPD) plant.|